Transport Action Ontario is a regional division of Canada’s leading citizen transportation advocacy group, Transport Action Canada. We represent the interests of passengers and users of public transport services in Canada. Here are some of the main issues that our advocacy work revolves around:
- the development of rail passenger services in Canada;
- the future of inter-city bus services and their connectivity to rail and air services;
- urban and commuter transit systems;
- the implications to consumers of the deregulated airline industry in Canada;
- the impact on the public interest of demands for new highway spending
Stay in The Loop!
We're here to advocate for what's best for YOU-- and we'd love to keep you on the loop as to what's going on, any current events that might arise that could affect your every day life. Click the button below to get started.
Increased Interest in U.S./Canada Cross-Border Passenger Rail
With the passage of President Biden's infrastructure bill in November, 2021, there is considerable interest in the U.S. to boost[...]
Input to Updated Business case for Northeastern Passenger Rail
With the soon-to-be-expected release of an Updated Business case for Northeastern Ontario Passenger Rail, Transport Action Ontario has written the[...]
Ontario Pre-2022 Election Briefing Note – Short Line Rail
In anticipation of the upcoming Ontario provincial election in June, 2022, Transport Action Ontario has issued a briefing note on[...]