Transport Action Ontario is a regional division of Canada’s leading citizen transportation advocacy group, Transport Action Canada. We represent the interests of passengers and users of public transport services in Canada. Here are some of the main issues that our advocacy work revolves around:
- the development of rail passenger services in Canada;
- the future of inter-city bus services and their connectivity to rail and air services;
- urban and commuter transit systems;
- the implications to consumers of the deregulated airline industry in Canada;
- the impact on the public interest of demands for new highway spending
Stay in The Loop!
We're here to advocate for what's best for YOU-- and we'd love to keep you on the loop as to what's going on, any current events that might arise that could affect your every day life. Click the button below to get started.
Greater Golden Horseshoe Transportation Discussion Paper – Comments Submitted
In late June, Ontario released its long-awaited Greater Golden Horseshow Transportation Discussion Paper for public comment. Following a situation analysis,[...]
Encouraging Steps for Passenger Rail in Southwestern Ontario
Following years of benign neglect by senior governments, southwestern Ontario is finally in the passenger rail spotlight! In mid-July, Federal[...]
Motorcoach operators compete for SW Ontario passengers
Following the deregulation of Ontario’s highway motorcoach services in June 2021, three motorcoach operators have launched services between Windsor, London[...]