Transport Action Ontario is a regional division of Canada’s leading citizen transportation advocacy group, Transport Action Canada. We represent the interests of passengers and users of public transport services in Canada. Here are some of the main issues that our advocacy work revolves around:
- the development of rail passenger services in Canada;
- the future of inter-city bus services and their connectivity to rail and air services;
- urban and commuter transit systems;
- the implications to consumers of the deregulated airline industry in Canada;
- the impact on the public interest of demands for new highway spending
Stay in The Loop!
We're here to advocate for what's best for YOU-- and we'd love to keep you on the loop as to what's going on, any current events that might arise that could affect your every day life. Click the button below to get started.
Boosting Intermodal Truck/Train Freight to Reduce GHG Emissions
With the conclusion of the COP26 conference, the issue of Canada's Greenhouse Gas transportation emissions, from both personal and freight[...]
We Can Get There From Here – Update on Passenger Rail to Southwestern Ontario Task Force
With the Southwestern Ontario Transportation Task Force about to wrap up its work, Transport Action (TAO) has made a final[...]
Greater Golden Horseshoe Transportation Discussion Paper – Comments Submitted
In late June, Ontario released its long-awaited Greater Golden Horseshow Transportation Discussion Paper for public comment. Following a situation analysis,[...]