Transport Action Ontario is a regional division of Canada’s leading citizen transportation advocacy group, Transport Action Canada. We represent the interests of passengers and users of public transport services in Canada. Here are some of the main issues that our advocacy work revolves around:
- the development of rail passenger services in Canada;
- the future of inter-city bus services and their connectivity to rail and air services;
- urban and commuter transit systems;
- the implications to consumers of the deregulated airline industry in Canada;
- the impact on the public interest of demands for new highway spending
Stay in The Loop!
We're here to advocate for what's best for YOU-- and we'd love to keep you on the loop as to what's going on, any current events that might arise that could affect your every day life. Click the button below to get started.
Rethinking Rail Discontinuance Policies – Rail Bank Needed
The loss of rail corridors in Canada, due to service discontinuances by CN, CP or short line owners or operators[...]
Fare Integration in Greater Toronto takes Giant Step Forward
After years of campaigning, analysis and u-turns (see our post of August 27, 2019), public transit in Greater Toronto will[...]
Major Changes and Unknowns with Hazel McCallion LRT
Ontario Minister of Transportation Prabmeet Sarkaria directed Metrolinx to “proceed with the development of an initial business plan along with[...]
Capital Cost Escalation for Canadian Rail Transit Projects
Cost escalation for rail transit projects in Canada is a growing concern. In a ground-breaking report in 2020, transit researcher[...]