Transport Action Ontario is a regional division of Canada’s leading citizen transportation advocacy group, Transport Action Canada. We represent the interests of passengers and users of public transport services in Canada. Here are some of the main issues that our advocacy work revolves around:
- the development of rail passenger services in Canada;
- the future of inter-city bus services and their connectivity to rail and air services;
- urban and commuter transit systems;
- the implications to consumers of the deregulated airline industry in Canada;
- the impact on the public interest of demands for new highway spending
Stay in The Loop!
We're here to advocate for what's best for YOU-- and we'd love to keep you on the loop as to what's going on, any current events that might arise that could affect your every day life. Click the button below to get started.
Improvements and Challenges for GTHA Public Transit
Transport Action Ontario recently presented a summary update of GTHA public transit improvements and challenges to a Toronto-based seniors group.[...]
Briefing Note on North Main Line (NML) Passenger Rail
Transport Action Ontario has issued a briefing note for municipal stakeholders on the opportunity, status and suggested next steps on[...]
Simcoe County’s LINX Transit System celebrates five years of service
The County of Simcoe is celebrating a significant milestone as its LINX Transit service reaches its five-year anniversary. Since its[...]